Setting Up Payment Plans in WU-View
Payment plans are offered for the convenience of students and authorized users who want to spread out the payment of charges for a term instead of paying in full by the payment deadline.
- A $30.00 set up fee is charged to the student account when a payment plan is set up ($20 for summer sessions).
- A $25.00 late fee is charged to the student account for each installment not paid on time.
- Changes to the student account balance after the payment plan is set up will change the amount of remaining installments.
- Email notifications are sent to students and authorized users alerting them to upcoming payments and any changes in the installment amounts due.
- Automatic payments may be set up to draft from a bank account or credit card for ease of payment.
- Cash, check, or credit card payments made on a student account are applied to the earliest unpaid installment(s) in the payment plan.
- If financial aid is received after the payment plan is set up, the remaining installments will be recalculated to reflect the reduced balance due.
Step By Step Instructions
- Log in to MyWashburn and go to the "Financial Services" tab
- Click on the WU-View button (first on right side, then on left side)
- In WU-View, select the "Payment Plans" tab
- Select “Enroll Now” under Available Payment Plans
- Select the term from the drop down list
- Read over the payment plan and click “Continue.”
- Review the information on the "Schedule Payment Plan" tab
- Click on "Display Payment Schedule" to review payments and set up automatic payments, if desired
- Click "Yes" if you want to make automatic payments each month (then follow the procedures to set up a payment method)
- Click "No" if you want to make payments in person or by mail
- Click "Continue"
- Read the agreement
- Check the "I agree" box and click on "Continue" when you are ready to finalize the plan. The payment plan will not be set up until this step is completed.
- Click "Print Agreement" for a copy of your plan.
A Couple of Warnings about Automatic Payments
- Only webcheck or signature debit card payments can be used for automatic payments. Credit card payments are charged a convenience fee, which you must agree to each time the card is charged. As a result, credit card payments cannot be used for automatic payments.
- Automatic payments scheduled for a bank account with insufficient funds will not be processed and overdraft charges may apply, in addition to an installment late fee and/or hold on the student account.
NOTE: If your financial aid was delayed because (1) you are a first-time freshman and/or first-time borrower, or (2) you are attending a single semester this academic year, you may be eligible for a set up fee waiver. Carefully read and complete the payment plan enrollment fee waiver request and submit it to the Business Office for review and consideration.