Setting Up Payment Plans in WU-View
Payment plans are offered for the convenience of students and authorized users who want to spread out the payment of charges for a term instead of paying in full by the payment deadline.
- A $30.00 set up fee is charged to the student account when a payment plan is set up ($20 for summer sessions).
- A $25.00 late fee is charged to the student account for each installment not paid on time.
- Changes to the student account balance after the payment plan is set up will change the amount of remaining installments.
- Email notifications are sent to students and authorized users alerting them to upcoming payments and any changes in the installment amounts due.
- Installments may be set up to draft automatically from a bank account (webcheck or signature debit card) or credit card (convenience fees will apply) for ease of payment.
- Any cash, check, webcheck, debit card or credit card payments made on a student account are applied to the earliest unpaid installment(s) in the payment plan. Payments that are greater than the installment amount due will reduce the next installment(s) by the amount of the overpayment.
- Financial aid (scholarships, grants, loans) applied after the payment plan is set up will result in the recalculation of all remaining installments to reflect equal amounts due.
- NOTE: If your financial aid was delayed because (1) you are a first-time freshman and/or first-time borrower, or (2) you are attending a single semester this academic year, you may be eligible for a set up fee waiver. Carefully read and complete the payment plan enrollment fee waiver request and submit it to the Business Office for review and consideration.
Step By Step Instructions
- Log in to MyWashburn and go to the "Financial Services" tab
- Click on the WU-View button (first on right side, then on left side)
- In WU-View, select the "Payment Plans" tab on the top menu
- Select “Enroll Now” under Available Payment Plans
- Select the term from the drop down list (note separate term for law students)
- Select the plan from the drop down list
- Read over the payment plan information and click “Continue.”
- Review the information on the "Schedule Payment Plan" tab
- Click on "Display Schedule" to review installment amounts/dates, then click "Continue"
- Click "Yes" if you want to make automatic payments each month (then follow the procedures to set up a payment method)
- Click "No" if you want to make unscheduled payments online, in person, or by mail
- Click the "Continue" to proceed
- Read the agreement
- Check the "I agree" box and click on "Continue" to save and enroll in a payment plan. THE PAYMENT PLAN WILL NOT BE SET UP UNTIL THIS STEP IS COMPLETED!
- Click "Print Agreement" for a copy of your plan.
A Couple of Warnings about Automatic Payments
- Scheduled (automatic) payments must be set up at the time of enrollment in the payment plan
- Scheduled payments sent to a bank account with insufficient funds will be returned and overdraft charges and/or an installment late fee may apply; additionally a hold may be placed on the student account that will prevent future webcheck payments.