Filing a complaint

This purpose of this page is to allow Washburn University students, faculty, staff, and visitors to report discrimination as quickly as possible.  If you have questions about the type of behavior that may be considered discriminatory (e.g., harassment, sexual violence) and prohibited under the Equal Educational and Employment Opportunity Policy, click on the Discrimination, Harassment, Sexual Violence tab on the left side of this page.  Washburn University's complaint process can be found by clicking on the Complaint Procedures tab at the left side of this page.  Complaints may be filed in person, electronically, or by U.S. Postal Service; choose the option that is best for you.  Complaints can be filed by the person who experiences the discriminatory behavior or someone who observes the behavior.

If you experience or if you observe behavior that places you or another individual in danger, CALL 911 or WASHBURN UNIVERISTY POLICE at (785) 670-1153.  

There are a number of ways to file a complaint

If you are being discriminated against, click here or on the Online Complaint Submission link in the "In This Section" menu at the top of this page.

If you would like to complete a PDF form and mail it to Washburn University's Equal Opportunity Director/Title IX Coordinator, Click Here  Please write CONFIDENTIAL on the envelope.  The form should either be mailed or hand delivered to:

Equal Opportunity Director
Morgan Hall, 200K
Washburn University
1700 SW College Ave.
Topeka, KS  66621

If you would like to file a complaint in person, call (785) 670-1509 to make an appointment, or drop off a completed complaint form to:

Equal Opportunity Director/Title IX Coordinator
Morgan Hall, 200K
Washburn University
1700 SW College Ave.
Topeka, KS  66621

If you drop off a completed form and the Equal Opportunity Director/Title IX Coordinator is not available, you will be contacted to schedule a meeting at a time that is convenient for you.

If you do not want to file a complaint, but you would like to talk to someone about what has happened to you, you may keep your issue/concern
confidential if you report it to Student Health and Counseling Services (785) 670-1470, Morgan Hall 140.  

Click here for a list of additional resources available to help you.

Additional Resources

Links to campus and community resources

Campus & Community Resources

Llinks to the community safety climate survey

Community Safety Climate Survey

back to top button